happiness is finding the place where being yourself is exactly what's needed

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

making friends

so many questions on meeting a new person. when we look at each other, what do we see?

what parts of me do you notice? what parts of you do i notice?

what needs will we fullfill for each other?

what aspects of myself will you exemplify? what will i exemplify in you?

everything we interact with changes us. sometimes severely. other times ever so slightly.

how will you change me? and is this something i want?

you could make me a "better" or "worse" person. you could turn me "crazy" or "sane."

i could be the troubled girl you never quite understand. or i could be your soul mate. only you know. it's not up to me. you know from the beginning.

you could be my drinking buddy. or someone i write poems about. or someone to go on walks with. someone to teach me things. or someone i talk about to my real friends. someone i humor but always know is an asshole. sometime whose house i crash at just because there's nowhere else to be.

you could be the boy i never quite understand. something i look back upon and sigh. or the dragon-riding warrior who saves me.

and that's the part that only i get to know. the part that i've known from the beginning.

though it's not really a secret. i'll tell you if you ask. that, in itself, is part of the dance.

3 comments:

  1. u cannot change person until u read the book..

    hye prenz..
    Sterling Silver Oval Blue Topaz Ring
    offer Price:US$37.97 per unit
    Free Shipping valid untill 31/03/2011 so plz grab out now..

    http://kiranabusanaonline.blogspot.com/2011/03/sterling-silver-oval-blue-topaz-ring.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeting and getting to knwo someone really is a strange dance.

    "Will you, won't you, will you, won't you,
    Won't you join the dance?"

    (Sorry, big "Alice" face)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a very good dancer.
    I got tired of the awkwardness of all that and just started being myself. Take me or leave me. If they didn't like me, the sooner I could get on with my life...

    ReplyDelete